Topic: My trading journal

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ashe
      Keymaster

Hi guys, I am a short-term trader so I do a lot of small trades. This topic is for sharing my progress and I hope to be able to share a thought or two that you can learn from.

Today Oct, 20th. I’ve opened a straddle position on CREE with Plus500. Their quarterly report is coming out any minute now (after market). Based on previous numbers I feel like this stock is going to have a lot of volatility. It’s coming off of 2 misses in a row though, will it be able to turn it around? Let’s see what happens.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Ashe.
      Ashe
      Keymaster

Yesterday CREE beat its estimates. Initial reaction was positive, but moved a bit into red. CREE opened in green though, but movement wasn’t big enough as expected. So I didn’t gain much or lose much this straddle.

Yesterday before market close I opened a LONG position on CTXS (Citrix Systems) with only 15 euro. News was after hours and I thought this should be positive, seeing old numbers! And it was. They announced increasing outlook and named a new temp. CEO. Market reacted positively. I gained a great profit of 31 euro. See my result here:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Ashe.
      Ashe
      Keymaster

Today, AMZN (Amazon) is coming out with a quarterly report during after hours. I expect big movement! Going for a position in LONG. Let’s see what happens!

Sophie
        Participant

Hi Cassy,

Thanks for sharing your journal. I see you are trading in cfd shares as well. How did it go with Amazone?

Ashe
      Keymaster

I closed Amazon (AMZN) with a profit of +10%. It was a great day 🙂
      Next week more is coming.

101trading.co.uk
        Participant

Nice job Cassy! Looking forward to you other trades this week

Ashe
      Keymaster

Tonight GOPRO (GPRO) will come with an earnings release. Let’s see what happens!

101trading.co.uk
        Participant

Did you go short on GoPro? Wallstreet expectations were a bit a to high for GoPro

Ashe
      Keymaster

Yes, I did. Last time they were holding shorts off by pumping the stock price. Figured this time they couldn’t, so yes I went short. Closed my position now, I like going in and out fast. 😀

101trading.co.uk
        Participant

Nice!! #GoPro share went down hard minus 15%. I wish i had taken that position as well

Sophie
      Participant

Any plans for a new trade Cassy??

Ashe
      Keymaster

Ah, I have been to busy to document my trades, but I actually did a short on Groupon (GPRN) during news. Thought that they aren’t doing well and I was right (-30%).

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.